Thursday, February 22, 2018

Wait Patiently For The Lord. Be Brave And Courageous. Yes, Wait Patiently For The Lord.

Wait Patiently For The Lord.
Be Brave And Courageous.
Yes, Wait Patiently For The Lord.
Scripture
Psalm 27
14 Wait patiently for the Lord.
    Be brave and courageous.
    Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.

Observation

As I read my Bible and came across this verse my thoughts went to a couple waiting to hear back on medical test results and to yet another person whose test results picked up something and now she has to have more tests.
No matter whether it is waiting for test results about your health, the health of a loved one, or waiting to hear back about a possible job, a job interview, or even a possible lay off at your job, it is never easy to wait patiently for the Lord!
So if you find yourself waiting today, maybe Psalm 27:14 will help you to be brave and courageous while you wait!
Earlier this morning I was encouraged by the Lord with this passage that He brought to my mind:
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7
Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
Application
I will hold on to all of God's promises and I will wait patiently for the Lord. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You know me. I am Chief hurry-up and wait! Help me to wait patiently on You today. Help me to be brave and courageous. I pray for those waiting on You. I pray for those waiting on test results. Help them to be brave and courageous. I pray for those looking for work. Open up doors for them. I pray for those who are anxious, stressed out, and worried. I pray that they would cast all of their cares on You because You care for them. (1 Peter 5:7 personalized)
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 10,11; Psalms 27; Mark 1



No comments: