Thursday, February 01, 2018

I Will Certainly Hold Them Responsible For Their Sins

I Will
Certainly
Hold Them Responsible For Their Sins
Scripture
Exodus 32
And when I come to call the people to account, I will certainly hold them responsible for their sins.
Observation

Consequences … ugly scars … pain … sorrow … hurt … is what I see throughout the Word of God each and every time one of God's children gets involved in sin. 

In the world around us, sin reigns, and we see its horrible results. 

It is a dangerous thing for me or you to think that we can sin and not be held accountable for our sins. If I am a follower of Jesus Christ the penalty of my sins has been forgiven, but each and every time I sin there are still consequences that remain!

If you and I were to take a hammer and some good size nails and then we went and took that hammer and hammered those big nails into the front door of your house (I don't recommend this, that's why I said your front door!). 

We could remove all the nails, but you will be left with big ugly scars in your front door. God will forgive us of our sins, but He does not remove the scars … the consequences of our sin remain. 

 My sins and your sins not only hurt us, but they also scar and hurt the people closest to us.

Romans 6:12
Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires.
Romans 7:24-25
Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.
Romans 8:5
Those who are dominated by the sinful nature think about sinful things, but those who are controlled by the Holy Spirit think about things that please the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:18
Run from sexual sin! No other sin so clearly affects the body as this one does. For sexual immorality is a sin against your own body.
Application
I will confess my sins as I commit them. I will ask my Heavenly Father to help me to stay away from stupid sins that will hurt me and my family. How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I see that Moses stood in the gap for the Hebrew children and prayed for them asking that You forgive them of their sin of Idolatry. They paid a heavy price for their sin. So I am praying for some people today who have let themselves be tricked by the Evil one and who are involved in sin. I pray for them. Give them the strength to say no to sin and come back to a right relationship with You. Open up their eyes to what You say in Your Word. Speak to their hearts. Save them and their families from the consequences that are sure to come if they continue in living in sin. I stand in the gap and I am praying for them right now. I realize that I too am a sinner and I could also sin just like I see them doing.
Daily Bible Reading: Exodus 30,31,32; Acts 8
> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



No comments: