Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, And Self-Control …


Love, Joy, Peace,
Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness,
Gentleness, And Self-Control …
Scripture
Galatians 5
19 When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 

20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 

21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 
23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!
Observation

Squeeze a lemon and what do you get … lemon juice, if you and I get squeezed what should come out … love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control!

Inside of each one of us there is spiritual warfare going on and it never stops … everyday our old sinful nature battles against God's Holy Spirit wanting us to do wrong.

Kathy loves to tell the story of the Indian that had two dogs that loved to fight … a white dog and a black dog. He would travel from town to town and people would gamble on which dog would win the fight.

Okay, I am cutting this story short … one day someone asked him how he knew which dog would win in each fight, to which he replied, “Oh, that is easy, it is the one that I feed the most!”

You and I can make sure that we are full of God's Holy Spirit by devouring God's Word everyday. Take time to open up God's Word and feed your soul everyday.

If the Bible is new to you, I suggest that you start and read the Gospel of John and then the Gospel of Mark and the book of Psalms!

Application
I will read God's Word everyday! How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, nobody has to tell me that there is a war going on inside of me each and every day! I know that everyday I have a choice. I can start the day out surrendering my life to Your Holy Spirit and allowing You to be in control of my life or I can yield to the desires of my old nature. When I yield to my old sinful nature things never turn out well, so help me to walk close to You today. Keep me away from stupid sins that only mess me up. I want to please You today with the way I live. Control me, fill me with Your Holy Spirit, so that the fruit of the Holy Spirit is evident in my life.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 25,26,27; Galatians 5



No comments: