Saturday, March 31, 2018

If Anyone Does Not Love The Lord, That Person Is Cursed. Our Lord, Come!


If Anyone Does Not Love The Lord,
That Person Is Cursed.
Our Lord, Come!
Scripture
1 Corinthians 16
22 If anyone does not love the Lord, that person is cursed. Our Lord, come!
Observation

What Dr. Waylon B. Moore told our men's small group this past Wednesday is still stuck in my head. He said, Every person that has ever been born not a single one of them will ever die … once you are born you never die, you will live forever … forever either in Heaven or Hell.”
What we have walking all around us are people that are either cursed or blessed. We have spiritually dead people walking around us or people who are spiritually alive; alive because they have placed their trust and faith in Jesus Christ.


Those that are without Christ are cursed to an Eternity in Hell, separated from all of their loved ones that have a relationship with Jesus Christ.
I remember sharing the Gospel with a young military man named Greg and he told me that he was going to go to Hell when he died.
I said to him, “Greg, don't you realize that you will be forever separated from your wife Sheila and your son Greg Jr.” (Sheila was a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and his son Greg Jr was 5 years old.)
I guess he had not seriously ever thought about this before. I went back to talk to Greg the next week and he told me this story. He said, “After you talked to me and I realized that if I died that I would be separated forever from Sheila and little Greg. I was scared. I couldn't sleep for several nights. I kept thinking about what you said about being forever separated from Sheila and Greg. Finally I dropped to my knees and I prayed and I asked Jesus Christ to save me.” … The last I heard from Greg and Sheila they were serving the Lord as pastor in a church in our area. God is good!
Spiritually dead or spiritually alive, separated or together for Eternity… the choice is yours! Cursed or blessed?
Application
I will always try to help people see their need for Jesus. How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that there are many other men like Greg around me who need a relationship with Jesus. Point me in their direction. Give me the right words to share with them. Save them from an Eternity separated from You and from being Eternally separated from all of their loved ones. Open up their eyes so that they can see their spiritual condition. Soften their hearts so that they can believe.
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 9,10; Psalms 49; 1 Corinthians 16



No comments: