Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Now You Are The Body Of Christ, And Each One Of You Is A Part Of It.


Now You Are The Body Of Christ,
And
Each One Of You Is A Part Of It.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 12
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 
Observation
Commitment to each other … to the body of Church … the church you attend needs committed followers of Christ.
The Apostle Paul talks about the church, the body of Christ and uses our own bodies as an example. It is easy to see how important every part of our physical body is, just get a paper cut on your thumb (like I have right now) or have one tooth begin to ache and just see how it affects your whole body!
But we don't seem to get it when it comes to church. I don't just get mad at my big toe because I stubbed it and go and cut it off! No, I need that big toe!
Being part of a local church is just like that … we need each other!
Get connected and participate in a small group at your church … if you are not part of a small group then you are like a hand or a foot or some other part of your body that is not connected to the rest of you!
So and so has left their spouse … were they active participants in a small group? So and so has stopped coming to church … were they connected and committed members of a small group? The answer is almost always … no they were not!
Get connected!
Application
I will be an active participant of a small group and I will let the group hold me accountable. How about you? Do you have a small group that holds you accountable for your spiritual growth?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, it breaks my heart when I hear that someone has decided to pull away from attending our church. I realize that in some way I have failed them. Help me to do my job better in getting people connected in small groups where they can feel the importance of using his or her spiritual gifts to help the rest of the body to grow. I pray for our small group leaders. Help them to shepherd their groups well. I pray for more people to accept the call to lead a small group so that more and more of our people can be better connected in the body of Christ.
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 1,2,3; 1 Corinthians 12



No comments: