Sunday, November 10, 2019

Anyone Who Claims To Know All The Answers Doesn't Really Know Very Much.


Anyone
Who Claims To Know All The Answers
Doesn't Really Know Very Much.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 8
2 Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much. 
3 But the person who loves God is the one whom God recognizes.
Observation

Have you ever been around someone that no matter what story you tell they always have a story that will top it? All of us, if we are honest, are a little guilty of that … aren't we?

Kathy thinks that I can fix just about anything. She brags publically that I can! Now I know and I am pretty sure that Kathy knows that I can't really fix 'everything', but I love it when she acts like I can.

The problem with 'knowing it all' is that sometimes (maybe way too often) I come across when I am talking to Kathy like I really do know it all and she doesn't.

Let me just warn you, that is no way to treat a spouse. It really just proves 1 Corinthians 8:2, “Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn't really know very much.”

I am so glad that Kathy doesn't put up with a 'know it all' attitude from me.

Oh, it is wonderful and I love it that Kathy brags on me and says to me and to the whole world that I can fix and do just about anything, but it is a terrible thing when privately I come across as the 'know it all' and that I am smarter than she is. She is way smarter than I am!

Proverbs 31

10  Who can find a virtuous and capable wife?
    She is more precious than rubies.

11 Her husband can trust her,
    and she will greatly enrich his life.

12 She brings him good, not harm,
    all the days of her life.

Application
I have a Proverbs 31 wife and so grateful that she puts up with me!
How about you? Are you a know it all?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am so glad that You know it all. You have everything figured out. I am so glad that we don't have to depend on our own knowledge. There is so much that I do not know. Every day it seems like there is more and more that is beyond my comprehension. Thank goodness I know that You have got this! I know that You are watching out for me. Nothing gets by You. Help me to walk in humility. Don't let me think too highly of myself. Help me to put others and their needs above my own. Give me a servant's heart.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 35,36; 1 Corinthians 7,8



No comments: