Saturday, November 30, 2019

He Was Fully Convinced That God Is Able To Do Whatever He Promises.


He Was Fully
Convinced That God
Is Able To Do Whatever He Promises.
Scripture
Romans 4
20 Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. 
21 He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. 
22 And because of Abraham’s faith, God counted him as righteous. 
23 And when God counted him as righteous, it wasn’t just for Abraham’s benefit. It was recorded 
24 for our benefit, too, assuring us that God will also count us as righteous if we believe in him, the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 
25 He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God.
Observation
The story of Abraham is a story of incredible faith. The Bible says
Abraham believed in the God who brings the dead back to life and who creates new things out of nothing. Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, “That’s how many descendants you will have!” And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead—and so was Sarah’s womb.” Rom. 4:17-19
How about your story? How about my story? Is my life and is your life both stories of incredible faith?
Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. … And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.” Hebrews 11:1,6
What are we believing God for right now?
Application
I will hold on to and I will believe every promise that God has for me in the Bible.
How about you? Will you believe?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that You have given me thousands of promises in Your Word so I could live my life by faith. Help me to walk by faith and not by sight. Don't let me doubt Your promises.
I pray for my friend who is close to death. You know better than anyone how sad this makes me. I pray that during the time that he has left that he will call out to You. I pray for his salvation. Help him as he goes through this difficult time. I pray for his brothers and sister. Give them strength and comfort them.
Daily Bible Reading: Romans 1,2,3,4



No comments: