Monday, November 04, 2019

Don't Be Alarmed. You Are Looking For Jesus Of Nazareth, Who Was Crucified. He Isn't Here! He is Risen From The Dead!


Don't Be Alarmed.
You Are Looking For Jesus Of Nazareth, Who Was Crucified.
He Isn't Here! He is Risen From The Dead!
Scripture
Mark 16
1 Saturday evening, when the Sabbath ended, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome went out and purchased burial spices so they could anoint Jesus’ body. 

Very early on Sunday morning, just at sunrise, they went to the tomb. 

On the way they were asking each other, “Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance to the tomb?” 

But as they arrived, they looked up and saw that the stone, which was very large, had already been rolled aside.

When they entered the tomb, they saw a young man clothed in a white robe sitting on the right side. The women were shocked, 
but the angel said, “Don’t be alarmed. You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead! Look, this is where they laid his body. 
Now go and tell his disciples, including Peter, that Jesus is going ahead of you to Galilee. You will see him there, just as he told you before he died.”
Observation
I have a childhood friend who is very sick. I tried to reach out to him and I would love to go see him but he doesn't want any visitors right now. So I am praying for him. I am praying that during this time of sickness he will cry out to God and surrender his life to Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ allowed Himself to be nailed to a cross and He suffered a cruel death to pay the penalty for our sins.
All that you and I have to do is place our faith and trust in Him and in what He did for us on the cross.
On the third day Jesus came back to life and one day He will return for me and for every person who surrenders his or her life to Him.
This, my friend is the Good News of the Bible. It is nothing to run from or to be scared about. You are sure not going to lose anything if you yield your life to Jesus and acknowledge Him as Lord and you will gain everything!
I live with a badly damaged heart. I live knowing, probably more than most people, that any day could be my last, but that fact does not bother me.
What bothers me is knowing that some of my friends still do not know Jesus and if they die without Jesus then I know that they won't be in Heaven with me. Now that bothers me … it bothers me a lot!
So … Do You Know Him?
Application
I will continue to pray for my friend and for others who need Jesus.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, soften the heart of my friend. Help him believe. Use the people close to him that know Jesus to share the Good News with him. 
I pray for any person who may read this simple blog today. Help them to grow spiritually. Meet the deep needs of their lives. Show them that they can trust You totally with every detail of their life. 
Thank You for answering our prayers for our daughter. You are a good, good, Father.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 26,27; Mark 15,16



No comments: