Saturday, November 23, 2019

And What Do You Benefit If You Gain The Whole World But Lose Your Soul? Is Anything Worth More Than Your Soul?


And What Do You Benefit If You Gain The Whole World
But
Lose Your Soul? Is Anything Worth More Than Your Soul?
Scripture
Matthew 16
26 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul? Is anything worth more than your soul?
Observation

I am trying to write this blog in the dark. We have to be at a park early this morning for a birthday party for two of our granddaughter's so I had to get up at 5 instead of 6 this morning. My laptop and the little desk where I have my quiet time are in the bedroom and Kathy is still asleep. Kathy came to bed late last night because she was working on stuff for the birthday party.
Anyway, “Good morning!” Top of the world to you! …
Is anything worth more than my soul? … Just the fact that I can read that question is proof to me that God has created and designed me and has given me a soul that will live forever. Who gave me and who gave you the ability to think and to have all of the thoughts that we have – it was God.
This tent that I am living in is definitely wearing out. When I woke up a few minutes ago I immediately felt several familiar aches and pains. One day this old tent that I live in will totally and completely give out, but my soul will live forever.
And I know that I am going to get a new body that is never going to wear out!
Psalm 139
1 O Lord, you have examined my heart
    and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
    You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel
    and when I rest at home.
    You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
    even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before me and follow me.
    You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too great for me to understand!
Application
Nothing is worth more than my soul!
How about you? How are you investing your time?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I was created to live forever with You. This Earth is not my home. I am just passing through. These present troubles are small potatoes and don't compare to what I get to experience when I am in Heaven with You.
Psalm 139
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
    and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
    Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
    as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
    Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
    before a single day had passed.
17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
    They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
    they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
    you are still with me!
Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 14,15,16



No comments: