Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Love Is Patient And Kind.


Love Is
Patient And
Kind.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 13
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 
5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 
6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 
7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
Observation
I am staring at these four verses, 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, this morning and thinking about them. It seems that the world around me is in desperate need of this kind of love.
This is Agape love. It is God's love. This kind of love is only available to those who commit their lives to Jesus Christ.
And even for us Christians, this love doesn't flow out of us and splash on those around us when God doesn't have first place in our life.
When you and I are irritable, when we demand our own way, when we choose to hold a grudge, when we are impatient, or when we are rude, it is a clear sign that God does not have first place in our life.
Don't you love verse 7, “Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.”
Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. ...
Application
I want God to have first place in my heart today.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I want Your love to be evident in my life today. Don't let me be mean, impatient, rude, or irritable today. I want people to see Jesus in me today. Give me Your love, love that never gives up, never loses faith, love that is always hopeful, and a love that endures through every circumstance.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 39,40; 1 Corinthians 13,14



No comments: