Friday, November 08, 2019

Don't You Know That You Are God's Temple And That God's Spirit Lives In You?


Don't You Know
That You Are God's Temple
And That God's Spirit Lives In You?
Scripture
1 Corinthians 3
16 Don’t you know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?
Observation
The Apostle Paul is writing to the church at Corinth, a church of spiritual babies. As you read the first few chapters of 1 Corinthians it is easy to pick up on Paul's frustration. The church was a mess!
I love verse 16 of 1 Corinthians 3, “Don't you know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?” It is a good reminder to all of us! Let's act like it!
When we don't act like we are God's temple and we ignore the fact that God's Spirit lives in us then our lives will be filled with misery and constant drama … sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, etc. (Galatians 5:19-21). And the fruit of the Spirit that is described in Galatians 5:22-23 “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control”, will not be evident in our lives.
It will be hard to distinguish our lives from the life of an unbeliever if we don't treat our bodies as the temple of God!
Application
I will honor the Lord with my body.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am crucified with Christ and that means that I need to live in a way that brings You glory. I know that I am Your temple. Your Holy Spirit lives in me. Help me to honor You today with the way I live.
I pray for any person who may read this simple blog today. Give them victory over sin. Help them to walk in victory today. Give them strength.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 33; 1 Corinthians 1,2,3



No comments: