Wednesday, November 27, 2019

At About Three O'Clock, Jesus Called Out With A Loud Voice, “Eli, Eli, Lema Sabachthani?” Which Means “My God, My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me?”


At About Three O'Clock, Jesus Called Out
With A Loud Voice, “Eli, Eli, Lema Sabachthani?” Which Means
My God, My God, Why Have You Abandoned Me?”
Scripture
Matthew 27
45 At noon, darkness fell across the whole land until three o’clock. 
46 At about three o’clock, Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?” which means “My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?”
Observation
I don't know about you but for me, it is really hard for me to read about the crucifixion of Jesus. What my Heavenly Father did to Jesus He will never do to me! He abandoned Jesus on that cross. He will never abandon me!
Even knowing that this was God's plan from the beginning of time it still doesn't make it any easier for me to read about what Jesus did for me.
Like Jesus had told his disciples a few hours earlier when He was arrested, “Don’t you realize that I could ask my Father for thousands of angels to protect us, and he would send them instantly?”.
Matthew 28:20
... And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
Hebrews 13:5
Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”
John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.
John 10:28-29
28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, 

29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. 

Application
I am safe and secure in my Heavenly Father's hand.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me eternal life. I know that it was a free gift for me, but a very costly gift for You. Help me to live every day secure in my relationship with You. I am one of Your children. I am safe. You have me in the palm of Your hand and no one can snatch me out of Your powerful hand. Thank You for sending Your Son to die in my place on that cross.
I pray for anyone reading this blog that may be worried about their future. Help them to trust in You. Show them that they don't need to worry. Help them to walk by faith today.
Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 125; Matthew 26,27



No comments: