Saturday, November 02, 2019

I Have Treasured The Words Of His Mouth More Than My Necessary Food.


I Have
Treasured The Words Of His Mouth
More Than My Necessary Food.
Scripture
Job 23
I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth More than my necessary food.
Observation
I memorized this verse a long time ago. I memorized it as a challenge for myself to have a hunger for God's Word greater than I do for the food that I eat three times a day!
I can't say that every day I hunger for God's Word more than my necessary food, but I can say that I love the Word of God.
I look forward to getting up every morning to spend time in His Word with the cup of coffee that Kathy brings me. … Yes, I have it made! I tell her, “Thank You, my coffee lady!”
Unlike most of the world, we live in a land of plenty and our choices of what we eat and where we eat seem endless. God gave us taste buds so we could enjoy the food that we eat, but we even tend to mess that up by overindulging – don't 'we'.
Speaking of overindulging, my brother Rick gave Kathy and I a gift card to go to “The Beach House Restaurant” on Anna Maria Island for our anniversary. 
So yesterday, on our 50th Wedding Anniversary, we sat outside the restaurant to eat our meal right on the beach with the waves crashing right in front of us, while watching a spectacular sunset! It was beautiful! Thanks, Rick!
And on the way home, I went all out and went through the drive-thru and treated Kathy to an ice cream cone (50 cents) at Burger King to top off our day! You can't get any better than that!
Yes, we can overindulge on the food we eat. Too much food is even killing some of us. But we can never overindulge on the Word of God.
If you are spiritually weak today, maybe … just maybe … you need to open up God's Word and dig in! As our dear friend, Dr. Waylon Moore always says – The Word of God is a spiritual supermarket! Dig in!
Application
I will enjoy and devour God's Word every day!
How about you? Starving – Dig in!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, Give me a hunger for Your Word like I have for my necessary physical food because I know that my spiritual food is way more important than all of the food that I put in my mouth.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Give them self control. Help them to devour Your Word. Thank You for the ones that are reading Your Word every day. It is a joy to hear from them about what You are doing in their lives. Bless them, Lord. May Your face shine on them today!
Thank You for all of the people who have been so kind to us on our anniversary. Bless them, Lord. Shower them with Your blessings.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 23,24; Mark 11,12



No comments: