Thursday, November 21, 2019

So Don't Be Afraid; You Are More Valuable To God Than A Whole Flock Of Sparrows.


So Don't Be Afraid;
You
Are More Valuable To God Than A Whole Flock Of Sparrows.
Scripture
Matthew 10
28 “Don’t be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul. Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
29 What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.
30 And the very hairs on your head are all numbered.
31 So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.
Observation
Insignificant … small … nobody cares … afraid … lonely … unloved … scared … overwhelmed … defeated … worthless … maybe you have had some of those kinds of feelings lately or know someone who has!
Matthew 10:28-31 should encourage all of us.
If you and I would only read the Bible every day and let all of God's promises sink into that hard head of ours – we would be just fine.
God loves us so much. If we could just grasp how much He loves us. And … If you and I could just understand how much God wants to use our lives to touch the lives of others – we could walk in sobriety and in victory.
Application
I am the apple of God's eye. He delights in me. He is concerned about every detail of my life.
How about you?
Psalm 17:8
Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings,
Psalm 37:23
The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.
Psalm 18:19
He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for making me the way that I am. Thank You for putting up with me. I don't deserve Your love or Your attention but I am glad that I get it. It is amazing that You can think about me and millions of other people at the very same time. You care about every detail of my life and You even know how many hairs are left on my balding head. You are amazing. You are worthy of all praise!
I pray for those who are struggling with addictions. Help them to turn to You. Help them to feel Your love. Give them the strength to turn away from what has enslaved them and help them to turn to You. Give them victory, Lord. Help them to realize how much You love them and how much You want to use them to help others.
Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 8,9,10



No comments: