Monday, November 25, 2019

Love The Lord Your God With All Your Heart, All Of Your Soul, And All Your Mind. This Is The First And Greatest Commandment. A Second Is Equally Important: “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself.”


Love The Lord Your God With All Your Heart, All Of Your Soul,
And All Your Mind. This Is The First And Greatest Commandment.
A Second Is Equally Important: “Love Your Neighbor As Yourself.”
Scripture
Matthew 22
35 One of them, an expert in religious law, tried to trap him with this question: 
36 “Teacher, which is the most important commandment in the law of Moses?”
37 Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 
39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’
40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”
Observation
It was another trick question.
The religious leaders were trying to trap Jesus by asking Him questions that they hoped would cause Him to say something that they could use to condemn Him, but every time they tried they failed.
Hey, trying to hoodwink the Creator of the Universe didn't work back then and it won't work today.
Jesus knows our thoughts. There is no tricking or hoodwinking Him.
We might be able to fool those around us, but we are not going to fool God.
Obedience to these two commandments is what He desires from me and what He desires from you this week.
Application
This week I will strive to put Jesus first, others second, and myself last!
How about you?
Matthew 20
26 But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant,
27 and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave.
28 For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to love You with all my heart, with all my soul, and with all my mind. And help me to love my neighbor as much as I love myself. Don't let me miss opportunities to serve You by serving those around me. Help me to be sensitive to the needs of those around me.
Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 20,21,22



No comments: