Tuesday, November 12, 2019

A Spiritual Gift Is Given To Each Of Us So We Can Help Each Other.


A Spiritual Gift
Is Given To Each Of Us
So We Can Help Each Other.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 12
7 A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. 
12 The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ.
14 Yes, the body has many different parts, not just one part. 
15 If the foot says, “I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand,” that does not make it any less a part of the body. 
16 And if the ear says, “I am not part of the body because I am not an eye,” would that make it any less a part of the body? 
17 If the whole body were an eye, how would you hear? Or if your whole body were an ear, how would you smell anything?
18 But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it. 
19 How strange a body would be if it had only one part! 
20 Yes, there are many parts, but only one body. 
21 The eye can never say to the hand, “I don’t need you.” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you.”
Observation
God has gifted me and God has gifted you in a certain way to be able to help those around us. I am sure that you probably already know that if we are followers of Jesus Christ then God has given us at least one spiritual gift and that gift is to be used to help others in the body of Christ – His church.
The church at Corinth didn't understand the purpose of spiritual gifts and they were misusing what God had given them. Some people today tend to do the same thing.
If we have been given the gift of healing or preaching then let's use those gifts to heal people and help people grow spiritually and not to get rich by taking advantage of those who are looking to us for help.
The same should be said about all spiritual gifts, they have been given to us to help others in the body of Christ.
If you and I are not serving and using our spiritual gift(s) and we are just attending church then we will become just like an old towel left in a bucket of water – we will sit – soak – and sour.
Let's not 'sit -soak – and sour'!
Application
I will use my spiritual gift to help someone today!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, don't let me waste or misuse what You have given me. I know that I am still here on planet Earth because You want me to continue to serve. Life is not all about me. Help me to be aware of who You want me to help today. Don't let me miss an opportunity to serve You by helping someone else.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 37,38; 1 Corinthians 12



No comments: