Wednesday, November 20, 2019

If A Soldier Demands That You Carry His Gear For A Mile, Carry It Two Miles.


If A Soldier
Demands That You Carry His Gear For A Mile,
Carry It Two Miles.
Scripture
Matthew 5
41 If a soldier demands that you carry his gear for a mile, carry it two miles.
Observation
Your marriage is suffering if you haven't learned this principle!
Marriage is not a 50/50 relationship. To have a great marriage both partners must practice Matthew 5:41. 50/50 won't cut it in a marriage, it has to be 100/100.
Last night I washed the dishes. That is not unusual, I wash the dishes almost every day. Even when we have had a dishwasher in some of the houses that we have lived in I still would wash the dishes by hand.
Kathy cooked our supper last night. That is not unusual, she cooks our supper every night. Except for when we have the opportunity to go out for dinner.
I started washing dishes every day after hearing a sermon by a preacher who happened to be preaching in chapel at Dallas Baptist University where I was attending way back in the late '70s. The preacher was preaching on this passage and he was talking about going the second mile for people and when I went home that day I told Kathy that I was going to wash the dishes at our house.
Last night Kathy helped me with the dishes and she rinsed! Marriage, at least a great marriage, is all about teamwork. It is 100%/100%!
Tonight we both get a break because tonight we eat at church!
Please come join us … 5:30 for dinner and 6:30 for small groups! Christ Fellowship Church 300 E. Sligh Ave, Tampa
Application
I will do my best to give 100% to my marriage.
How about you? What do you need to do differently?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for letting me hear that sermon in chapel that day and thank You for touching my life with what the preacher that day said. I know that You were speaking through him directly to me. Give me a servant's heart. Help me to serve Kathy and help me treat her the way You intend for a husband to treat his wife.
I pray for couples that just don't understand the principle of going the second mile for their spouse. Help them, Lord. Give them a servant's heart for each other.
Daily Bible Reading: Matthew 5,6,7



No comments: