Saturday, November 09, 2019

For The Kingdom Of God Is Not Just A Lot Of Talk; It Is Living By God's Power.


For The Kingdom Of God
Is Not Just A Lot Of Talk;
It Is Living By God's Power.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 4
20 For the Kingdom of God is not just a lot of talk; it is living by God’s power.
Observation
You don't know what it is like to live with him. You don't know what it is like to live with her. I hear this sometimes from a husband or a wife and yet on Sundays at church you would think that they were the happiest couple in the world.
On Sunday morning for an hour you and I can fool anyone, but it is living by God's power Monday thru Saturday that counts.
Saying that we are believers in the Lord Jesus Christ is all well and good – Yes, we need to tell the whole world that He is our Savior, but we also need to live in a way that reflects what we profess!
My 5 grown kids and my 15 grandkids know that I say that I believe in Jesus Christ. And now they need to see that profession lived out every day of my life until I die.
And when I die I want my kids, my grandkids and all who knew me well to say, “Dad, Grandpa, Eddy, he really lived his life for Christ.”
Application
I want people to see Jesus in me. I want to live my life by God's power!
How about you? Are you serious about your life in Christ?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to live out my life in a way that pleases You. I want people to see Jesus in me. Help me stay away from stupid sins that mess up my relationship with You. I pray for my children and my grandchildren. I pray that I would help them and not hinder them in following You. Open up their hearts. Help them, each one of them, make the decision to put You first in his or her life. I want my children and my grandchildren, all of them, in Heaven with us. Help me to be a good witness to them by the way I live my life.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 34; 1 Corinthians 4,5,6



No comments: