Sunday, November 03, 2019

Keep Watch And Pray, So That You Will Not Give In To Temptation. For The Spirit Is Willing, But The Body Is Weak.


Keep Watch And Pray,
So That You Will Not Give In To Temptation.
For The Spirit Is Willing, But The Body Is Weak.
Scripture
Mark 14
38 Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak.”
Observation
There is a ministry at our church that over the past 15 years has changed a countless number of lives. This ministry is called “Celebrate Recovery”
People that have hurts, hang-ups and habits can find help if they will attend and work the program. CR meets every Sunday evening at our church @ 5pm.
And by the way, all of us have hurts, hang-ups, and habits, that we need help with!
How do I know? Jesus says so, “Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak.” Mark 14:38
Romans 7
18 And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.I want to do what is right, but I can’t. 

19 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. 

20 But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it.

21 I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong. 
22 I love God’s law with all my heart. 
23 But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. 
24 Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? 
25 Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin.
Application
I am a sinner. I am broken. Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ my Lord!
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for the ministry of Celebrate Recovery. Thank You for every person that helps lead this ministry. Thank You for every person involved in this ministry. Give them victory.
I pray for those who know that they need to attend but have for one reason or another have stayed away. Give them the courage to get help.
Help me not to yield to temptation when I am tempted to sin. Help me to say, No to sin and Yes to You!
Daily Bible Reading: Job 25; Mark 13,14



No comments: