Friday, November 29, 2019

Always Be Joyful. Never Stop Praying. Be Thankful In All Circumstances …


Always Be Joyful.
Never Stop Praying.
Be Thankful In All Circumstances …
Scripture
1 Thessalonians 5
16 Always be joyful.
17 Never stop praying.
18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.
Observation

Always, Never and All … 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 is a good word for all of us a day after Thanksgiving!

The Apostle Paul didn't say always be happy! Happiness can be lost in a moment, but joy is a deep seated emotion that comes from our relationship with Jesus Christ.

Sometimes we needed to be reminded that there is a big difference between joy and happiness!

I am also glad that the Apostle Paul reminds me to never stop praying.

There are times to be perfectly honest when I am tempted to give up on some people and quit praying for them. It just doesn't seem like they are ever going to change the direction of their lives. What gives me hope to hear the testimonies of how God has changed someone's life after years of someone praying for them. So I will never quit praying.

In 1 Thessalonians 5:18 Paul is not saying to be thankful for all of our circumstances.

There are plenty of bad things that happen to us that we should not be thankful for! What Paul is saying that in the middle of all of our circumstances both good and bad you and I need to have a grateful heart.

A thankful heart is a 'joyful' heart.”
Application
I will be joyful. I will never quit praying. I will be thankful in all circumstances!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to put into practice 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 this week. I know that You are constantly at work in my life and in the lives of those that I pray for. Don't ever let me give up on them. Help me to look above my circumstances and look to You when things get tough.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Thessalonians 4,5; 2 Thessalonians 1,2,3



No comments: