Monday, November 11, 2019

So Whether You Eat Or Drink, Or Whatever You Do, Do It All For The Glory Of God.


So Whether You Eat Or Drink,
Or Whatever You Do,
Do It All For The Glory Of God.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 10
31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
Observation
Sometimes I hear people trying to defend something that they are doing by saying, “Well the Bible doesn't say that I can't do so and so ...”
When I hear something like that I think of the Biblical principle found in 1 Corinthians 10:31, “Does this bring glory to God?”
Bottom line ... that is the question that I need to ask myself … will this (whatever I am getting ready to do) glorify my Heavenly Father?
Colossians 3:17
And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.
Application
I will ask the Lord to remind me of 1 Corinthians 10:31 the next time I start to do something questionable - - “Will this bring glory to God?”
Prayer
Heavenly Father, anytime I try to justify something that I am doing or something that I have done and it is something that violates the truth of 1 Corinthians 10:31 then I know that for me it is sin. Give me the strength to say no when I am tempted. Help me to ask for Your forgiveness quickly when I do sin.
Thank You for loving me even when I mess up.
Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 122; 1 Corinthians 9,10,11



No comments: