Monday, November 18, 2019

I Was Give A Thorn In My Flesh, A Messenger From Satan To Torment Me And Keep Me From Becoming Proud.


I Was Give A Thorn In My Flesh,
A Messenger From Satan To Torment Me
And Keep Me From Becoming Proud.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 12
even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 
Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 
10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Observation
I don't know what you are going through. And I don't know if you can appreciate this passage the way I do. But if you are dealing with a life-threatening illness or if you have a loved one that is going through a difficult time physically right now then hopefully this passage will speak to you and encourage you as it does for me.
The Apostle Paul prayed and begged God to heal him, but the answer was “no”. Instead, God answered, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So what was God telling the Apostle Paul? … What is He saying to me? Well God is saying to me just as He said to Paul, “Eddy, I am going to use you in the condition that you are in.”
God wants to use me and He wants to use you. He wants to receive glory from our lives. There are times when He is not going to heal when we ask Him - because His power works best in weakness.
God is always at work in our lives. God has a plan. Trust Him!
Application
I will trust God's Heart even when I cannot understand God's plan.
How about you? Will you trust Him?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, Your grace is all I need. I know that Your power works best in weakness. Help me to trust You even when I don't understand what is going on or why something is happening the way it is. Give me the faith that the Apostle Paul had when he dealt with his sickness.
I pray for anyone who is suffering today with a life-threatening illness. Show them that they can trust in You even if You decide not to heal them. And If they have to live with their thorn in the flesh then show them how to live in a way that brings You glory and honor. I pray for their healing. But even more important than their being healed I pray that they would be drawn to a very, very close relationship with You. May they sense Your presence, Your power, and Your strength. Encourage them today, Lord, encourage them. Cause them to smile!
Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 124; 2 Corinthians 11,12,13



No comments: