Wednesday, November 06, 2019

I Took My Troubles To The Lord; I Cried Out To Him, And He Answered My Prayer.


I Took My Troubles To The Lord;
I Cried Out To Him,
And He Answered My Prayer.
Scripture
Psalm 120
1 I took my troubles to the Lord; I cried out to him, and he answered my prayer.
Observation
This morning's Bible reading took me to Job, Psalms, and Galatians. All three passages talked about our relationship with our Heavenly Father.
Job was crying out to God trying to understand why God had allowed such terrible stuff to happen to him. Job's friends were not comforting Job at all with all of their bad counsel.
The Psalmist that wrote Psalm 120 also cried out to God, but he was praising God because God had answered his prayer.
In Galatians 3 & 4 the Apostle Paul explained to the Galatians that God's Holy Spirit lives inside of us as believers and because of that we have the privilege of addressing God in a very intimate way as “Abba” or “Daddy”.
God has adopted us as His very own children. We are His heirs!
Jesus Christ did all of that for us by dying on the cross for us.
Application
When I pray I know that my Heavenly Father hears my prayers and I know that He will answer me when I talk to Him. I am a King's kid!
How about you? Do you know Him?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know that You know my thoughts. I know that You know what I am going to say even before I do. It is amazing that even though You are all-knowing, You still want me to talk with You. It is amazing that You want to hear from me at all. Even on the best day, You know that my motives are selfish and not totally pure. I am a sinner. I am broken. And yet You still want to have an intimate relationship with me. You still want me to be one of Your children. Thank You for allowing me the privilege of knowing You and becoming part of Your family. I am adopted. Thank You for adopting me.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 30; Psalm 120; Galatians 3, Galatians 4



No comments: