Thursday, November 07, 2019

So Let's Not Get Tired Of Doing What Is Good.


So
Let's Not Get Tired
Of Doing What Is Good.
Scripture
Galatians 6:9-10
9 So let's not get tired of doing what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if don't give up.
10 Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity we should do good to everyone – especially to those in the family of faith.
Observation
Let's look around and see who God wants us to be generous to. Oh, it doesn't have to be generous with our money necessarily.
How about taking the time to talk to someone to brighten their day. How about taking the time to listen to someone share their problem or problems with you. Maybe asking the person, “Is there something that I can pray with you about today?”
Here is a simple thing that you can do. I learned it from someone a long time ago. I can't remember who I learned it from but I am glad that I did. When you go to a restaurant try to take the time to ask your waiter or waitress their name and ask them if there is something that you can pray for them about. I say something like this, “We are going to pray and say a blessing in just a few minutes, is there anything that we can pray for you about?”
You will be amazed at the opportunities this will open up for you. It is a simple way to do good!
Application
I will look for opportunities to do good today.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, so many people have been so kind and generous to us. Bless them, Lord. Show me who needs an act of kindness today. Help me to be sensitive to the needs of those around me. Help me to put Galatians 6:9-10 into practice today.
I pray for our friends as they grieve the loss of their loved one. Give them strength.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 31; Job 32; Galatians 5; Galatians 6



No comments: