Thursday, November 14, 2019

It Will Happen In A Moment In The Blink Of An Eye ...


It Will Happen In A Moment
In
The Blink Of An Eye ...
Scripture
1 Corinthians 15
42 It is the same way with the resurrection of the dead. Our earthly bodies are planted in the ground when we die, but they will be raised to live forever. 
43 Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength. 
44 They are buried as natural human bodies, but they will be raised as spiritual bodies. For just as there are natural bodies, there are also spiritual bodies.
50 What I am saying, dear brothers and sisters, is that our physical bodies cannot inherit the Kingdom of God. These dying bodies cannot inherit what will last forever.
51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed! 
52 It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed. 
53 For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.
54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled:
Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 O death, where is your victory?
    O death, where is your sting?”
58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
Observation

I don't know about you but it seems like every day I wake up with a new ache or a new pain. It is a constant reminder to me that this “tent” that I live in is not my permanent home. This world is not my home. I am just passing through.

Tomorrow I will attend a Celebration of Life service for a dear friend of ours, Jim Endress. He and his family have been friends of ours for over 45 years.

I can remember back when then his young son Jimmy, when Kathy and I asked the R.A. boys at our church (back then our church was called Spencer Memorial Baptist church) for prayer requests, I can remember Jimmy asking us to pray for his Dad to be saved.

Well his Dad, Jim Endress, did surrender his life to Jesus and Jim came to work with us as an R.A. Counselor. Jim then began driving church bus and he helped us bring hundreds of kids to church every Sunday. We have so many wonderful memories of those days!

Oh, one day, in the blink of an eye, in God's timing I will see my friend again. He will have his new body and I will have mine! No more aches or pains! Hallelujah!

2 Corinthians 5
1 For we know that when this earthly tent we live in is taken down (that is, when we die and leave this earthly body), we will have a house in heaven, an eternal body made for us by God himself and not by human hands.
2 We grow weary in our present bodies, and we long to put on our heavenly bodies like new clothing.
3 For we will put on heavenly bodies; we will not be spirits without bodies.
Application
I will be strong and immovable. I will work enthusiastically for the Lord, for I know that nothing I do for the Lord is ever useless.
How about you? The 'tent' you are in is not going to last forever – have you made arrangements to get that new body?

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for our friends as they grieve. Help them as they go through this difficult time of loss. I pray for friends and family who are suffering from life-threatening illnesses. Give them strength. Thank You that You promise never to leave us nor forsake us. You are the God of all compassion and comfort. I pray that these trials will draw them closer to You so they can get the help that they need.
Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 149; 1 Corinthians 15,16



No comments: