Friday, November 15, 2019

He Comforts Us In All Our Troubles So That We Can Comfort Others.


He Comforts Us
In All Our Troubles
So That We Can Comfort Others.
Scripture
2 Corinthians 1
3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.
 4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.
Observation
God never wastes a hurt. God is the God of all comfort and all compassion. He will comfort us during our worst trials and He will then use us in the future to comfort others ... if we let Him.
The Apostle Paul went through a lot of suffering and so he knew what he was talking about. He was whipped five different times with thirty-nine lashes. Three times he was beaten with rods. Once he was stoned and left for dead. Three times he was shipwrecked. Once he spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea.
So instead of saying, “Why me?” let's use our hurts and what we have gone through or what we are going through to comfort and help someone else.
2 Corinthians 1:8-10
8… We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it. 

In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead. 

10 And he did rescue us from mortal danger, and he will rescue us again. We have placed our confidence in him, and he will continue to rescue us.
2 Corinthians 4:8-10, 16-18
We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair.

We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.

10 Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.

16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day.

17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!

18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

Application
I will look for someone who is hurting and who needs to be comforted.
How about you? Why me? Why not me?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me serve You by comforting others who are hurting. I know that everything that I have gone through You can use to help someone else. You are the God of all comfort and compassion and You have taken such good care of me. I know that You will never leave me or forsake me. I am the apple of Your eye. I know that You delight in me. You are concerned about every detail of my life. I don't deserve Your love, Your comfort, or Your compassion, but I am glad that I receive it. Help me to comfort and encourage others as they go through hard times.
Daily Bible Reading: Job 41,42; 2 Corinthians 1,2

No comments: