Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Don't Be Concerned For Your Own Good But For The Good Of Others.


Don't Be Concerned
For Your Own Good
But For The Good Of Others.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 10
24 Don’t be concerned for your own good but for the good of others.
33 I, too, try to please everyone in everything I do. I don’t just do what is best for me; I do what is best for others so that many may be saved.
Observation
When the Apostle Paul wrote this he wasn't thinking about the coronavirus, he was talking about meat that had been sacrificed to idols, but the principle is a good one for us today. Our being selfish or reckless could cause the death of a loved one. You and I, if we disregard what our government leaders are telling us to do, we could be responsible for spreading this deadly virus.
Let's not just do what is best for us; let's do what is best for others so that many may be saved.
I was working as a Chaplain at the hospital last night and I can tell you that everyone at the hospital is taking this virus very seriously.
It is a great time to check on everyone around us, especially our elderly!
Speaking of the elderly … Kathy and I appreciate everyone that has checked in with us to make sure that we were okay.
But be sure to check on those who might not have a support group and especially those that may live alone.
Application
I will check on some people today who might need some help and who might need some encouragement.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, in the midst of this crisis show me how to be Your hands and Your feet. Show me who needs some encouragement today. In this midst of all of this bad news show me who needs some good news today. I pray and I ask You to stop this virus. I pray for protection for my family. Keep them safe, Lord. Don't let me miss the lessons that I need to learn as I go through this crisis. I pray for our government. Give our leaders wisdom. Raise up godly leaders for us to follow. You are mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You.
I pray for any person who may read this blog. Encourage them, Lord. Use them to encourage others. Help them to be concerned for the good of others. Bless them, Lord.
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 21,22; Psalms 47; 1 Corinthians 10



No comments: