Saturday, March 07, 2020

Why Am I Discouraged? Why Is My Heart So Sad?


Why
Am I Discouraged?
Why Is My Heart So Sad?
Scripture
Psalm 43
5 Why am I discouraged?
    Why is my heart so sad?
I will put my hope in God!
    I will praise him again—
    my Savior and my God!
Observation
The Blah's happen. There are times when we don't even know why we are having a blah day. But other times it may be because we have heard the problems of so many other people.
I asked Kathy how she was doing this morning and she let me know that she was a little blah. When I asked her why, she told me that it was because of problems that others were having. She was sad, she was feeling blah for them.
But maybe, just maybe, it is because you, yes, you yourself are having problems.
Either way Psalm 43:5 tells us what to do when we are having one of those gloomy and blah days … The Psalmist said, “I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again – my Savior and my God!”
Application
So the next time I feel bummed out and I am having a blah kind of a day I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again – my Savior and my God!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, none of us can live on a mountain top. We can't always have mountain top experiences all the time because we live in the valley. We have to deal with problems, our problems and the problems of people we love. Give us strength. Help us to trust You in every circumstance. Help us to be encouragers. Help us always to look for Your hand in every circumstance, in every situation, and even in every problem. We know that You are constantly working in our lives. Help me to walk by faith.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 5,6; Psalms 43; Mark 14



No comments: