Monday, March 23, 2020

Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid for you are close beside me.


Even when I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid for you are close beside me.
Scripture
Psalm 23
1 The Lord is my shepherd;
    I have all that I need.

2 He lets me rest in green meadows;
    he leads me beside peaceful streams.

3     He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
    bringing honor to his name.

4 Even when I walk
    through the darkest valley,
I will not be afraid,
    for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
    protect and comfort me.

5 You prepare a feast for me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.
    My cup overflows with blessings.

6 Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
    all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
    forever.
Observation
Even when I walk through the darkest valley … I don't know about you, but I think that this is about the darkest valleys that I have ever faced!
What is really crazy and unnerving is that people, especially our young people don't yet realize how serious this is!
I heard one of my very best friends, Rev. Hugh Roberts yesterday share this verse with his church family as he was preaching to them out in his church's parking lot with all the church members in their cars, he said, “Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
There will never be enough masks, gowns, gloves, ventilators, hospital beds etc., if we don't slow this virus down.
Stay home. Pray … let's humble ourselves and seek God's face!
Application
I will stay home as much as possible. I will practice social distancing. I will pray.
How about you? Will you stop and pray?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, hear our prayers! Lord, we desperately need Your help. You are the solution to this problem. You are the only solution! I pray that You give our country's leaders wisdom. Somehow show the young people in our country that this is a life and death situation. Help them to be responsible. Show me how to respond to these desperate times. Show me who needs my help.
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 15,16,17; 1 Corinthians 8; I added: Psalm 23; Proverbs 23



No comments: