Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Be On Guard. Stand Firm In The Faith. Be Courageous. Be Strong. And Do Everything With Love.


Be On Guard. Stand Firm In The Faith.
Be Courageous. Be Strong.
And Do Everything With Love.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 16
13 Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.
14 And do everything with love.
Observation
Being strong and being courageous is not the same as being careless, irresponsible and reckless. If you ignore what our government leaders have asked us to do to help slow down the spread of this virus, that my friend is not courage, it is being totally irresponsible.
If we as believers get recognized by the national press lets get recognized because of some good works that we are doing and not for showing disregard for our neighbors by defiantly huddling up together and possibly spreading the disease to our family and to our neighbors.
What is happening right now in New York City could happen right here in Tampa. All we have to do is to continue to ignore “social distancing” and the stay at home order.
Had to get that off my chest … had to vent …
What do I need to do? How do I need to respond?
I need to practice verse 14, “I need to do everything with love.” What can I do to help someone today? Who needs a phone? Who needs a meal?
I am reminded of my life verse found in Matthew 5:16
In the same way, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father in heaven.”
Application
I will call people that the Lord puts on my heart. Kathy and I will encourage a family by getting a meal delivered to them.
How about you?
Hebrews 10:24
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds,
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for wisdom. Show me how to respond during this crisis. I want to be helpful to the people around me and not a hindrance. Put on my heart the right things to do. I pray for my family, my church family, my neighbors, and my friends. Keep them safe, Lord. Show us how to live in a way that always brings You glory and honor.
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 9,10; Psalms 49; 1 Corinthians 16



No comments: