Sunday, March 08, 2020

You Know What I Long For, Lord; You Hear My Every Sigh.


You Know What I Long For,
Lord;
You Hear My Every Sigh.
Scripture
Psalm 38
9 You know what I long for, Lord;
    you hear my every sigh.

Observation

God knows. God knows what we are going through. God knows the longing of our hearts. And God cares. God even know what we are thinking before we even think it. Of course He does!

He is God.

I am not going to shock Him or surprise Him by what I think.

But I can disappoint Him and I can make Him sad by what I think about.
Psalm 139
1 O Lord, you have examined my heart
    and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
    You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel
    and when I rest at home.
    You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
    even before I say it, Lord.
What has been the focus of your thoughts lately? Have my thoughts been pleasing to Him?
Philippians 4:8
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Psalm 19:14
14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Application

I will focus my thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. I will think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise!

How about you?
Psalm 139
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24 Point out anything in me that offends you,
    and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, take control of my thoughts. Help me to think on only good wholesome thoughts. Thoughts that please You. Thoughts that make You smile. Keep me away from stuff that is not good. Keep me away from things that are not pleasing to You. Point out anything that offends You and lead me along the path of everlasting life.
I pray for any person who may read this simple blog. Give them victory in their thought life. Help them to meditate on Your Word.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 7,8,9; Mark 15; I added: Psalm 8, Psalm 38; Proverbs 8



No comments: