Thursday, March 26, 2020

The Lord Lifts Up Those Who Are Weighed Down. The Lord Loves The Godly.


The Lord Lifts Up
Those Who Are Weighed Down.
The Lord Loves The Godly.
Scripture
Psalm 146
5 But joyful are those who have the God of Israel as their helper,
    whose hope is in the Lord their God.

6 He made heaven and earth,
    the sea, and everything in them.
    He keeps every promise forever.

7 He gives justice to the oppressed
    and food to the hungry.
The Lord frees the prisoners.

8     The Lord opens the eyes of the blind.
The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down.
    The Lord loves the godly.

Observation
Weighed Down”, I think that is a pretty good description of the way I feel this morning. How about you? I am so glad that I have a personal relationship with God who made heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them.
Yes, I am so glad that my God keeps every one of His promises forever! Yes, I am so glad that He is my God! I don't know how people will make it through this crisis who do not have a personal relationship with Creator God.
We need to focus on and hold tightly to every single promise that God has given to us in His Word. He has given us thousands of promises for us to hold on to during times like these. And He will keep every single one of them!
What promise or promises from God are you holding on to that is helping you get through this crisis? If you have already read your Bible today what promise if any did you discover?
Please feel free to share your favorite promise in the comment section. It might encourage someone else!
Application
The Lord will lift me up. He loves me! Verse 8
(Godly people are not perfect … they are just people who have made the decision to put God first in his or her life.)
Prayer
Heavenly Father, Habakkuk's prayer is my prayer this morning,
Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer, able to tread upon the heights.” (Habakkuk 3:17)
Lord, Your promise that I will hold on to this morning is found in Psalm 46:1-3, “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.  Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!
Thank You for giving me thousands of promises for times like these. You are an awesome God! Your faithful love endures forever! Amen.

Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 23,24; Psalms 44; 1 Corinthians 11; I added: Psalm 26, Psalm 146, Proverbs 26



No comments: