Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The Lord Rescues The Godly; He Is Their Fortress In Times Of Trouble.


The Lord
Rescues The Godly;
He Is Their Fortress In Times Of Trouble.
Scripture
Joshua 1
8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.
Psalm 37
23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
    He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
    for the Lord holds them by the hand.
39 The Lord rescues the godly;
    he is their fortress in times of trouble.
1 Corinthians 3
16 Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? 
Observation
Some days, like today, it is hard to decide what to write about from my daily Bible reading. Joshua 1, Psalm 37, and 1 Corinthians 3 all had so much in them to write about!
But since we are living in this crazy and uncertain time, with all of us trying to cope with the impact of this coronavirus I thought I would share a few verses found in Psalm 37!
I don't know about you but when I am going through stressful times I almost always find myself reading in the book of Psalms.
King David lived most of his life being pursued by his enemies. He had to hide in caves, he had to hide in the wilderness, he was always on the run with people trying to kill him. All of this hardship caused King David to draw close to the Lord. He became a man after God's own heart. All of the uncertainty and all of the constant danger surrounding King David caused him to depend totally on the Lord for help. He knew that God was his only hope.
In the midst of this crisis there is only one place for us to turn and place our hope. You and I need to follow the example set by King David. I must and you must cry out to our Lord and ask Him for help!
Let's not place all of our hope in our government. Let's pray for our leaders asking that God will give them wisdom to lead us during this crisis, but let's not count on any one person or any human being to rescue us! We have a Savior – His name is JESUS!
Application
I will trust in the Lord with all of my heart!
How about you?
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.

6 Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are mighty God. Nothing is too hard for You. I put my hope in You and in You alone. Your Word, all of Your promises, they are my rock, they are my strength. My confidence is in You. I am trusting in You with all of my heart. This crisis is not a surprise to You. I know that You could stop it today. When I can't see Your hand in what is happening around me I will trust Your heart. You are good. You are good. You have me in the Palm of Your Hand. There is no where safer to be.
I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Give them great faith. Help them to be courageous and help them to trust You with all of their heart!
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 1,2; Psalms 37; 1 Corinthians 3



No comments: