Friday, March 20, 2020

O My People, Trust In Him At All Times. Pour Out Your Heart To Him, For God Is Our Refuge.


O My People, Trust In Him At All Times.
Pour Out Your Heart To Him,
For God Is Our Refuge.
Scripture
Psalm 62
5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
    for my hope is in him.

6 He alone is my rock and my salvation,
    my fortress where I will not be shaken.

7 My victory and honor come from God alone.
    He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.

8 O my people, trust in him at all times.
    Pour out your heart to him,
    for God is our refuge.
Observation
As I was having my Quiet Time this morning and reading my daily Bible reading, Kathy, who was reading her Bible in the next room, yelled out to me, “Listen to this” and she read me Psalm 62:5-8.
This passage is so good for us in our present situation. I just had to share it with you! It looks like our country is moving towards a total lock down with every one of us hunkering down at home.
The effects of this deadly and rapidly spreading virus is going to drastically touch all of our lives and the lives of those we love. I don't think any of us will be exempt from feeling some of its pain.
So with that being said, you and I need to turn to God and pour out our hearts to Him. We need to dig into His Word so that we have the strength to weather this awful storm. “He needs to be our refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach us.”
Application
God is my refuge. I will pour out my heart to Him.
How about you? Don't know where to turn for help? Now is the time to pour out your heart to God!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I am so concerned for those I love. I am so concerned for my family. Help them to turn to You for help. Use this crisis to help them to depend on You. In times like these You are our only hope. May this crisis cause many people to turn to You for help all around the world, but especially within my own family.
I pray for any person reading this blog. Help them to trust You with all of their heart. Show them that they can depend on You. Encourage them today, Lord. Give them hope. Be the anchor for their soul. Rescue them from all of their fears.
Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 7,8; Psalms 69; 1 Corinthians 5; I added: Psalm 62



No comments: