Thursday, March 12, 2020

Worry Weighs A Person Down; An Encouraging Word Cheers A Person Up.


Worry
Weighs A Person Down;
An Encouraging Word Cheers A Person Up.
Scripture
Proverbs 12
25 Worry weighs a person down;
    an encouraging word cheers a person up.
Observation
If there is a word that best describes what people are feeling right now it would be the word “UNCERTAINTY”! I am so glad that I have a personal relationship with my Creator God. He is my Heavenly Father.
He has filled a book that we call the Bible with thousands and thousands of promises. Every morning He speaks to me through His Word and He encourages me.
In a world filled with “UNCERTAINTY” you and I have the privilege of being a voice of reassurance, a voice of encouragement. People need to be reassured. They need an encouraging word in the midst of all of this gloom and doom.
You have the words of encouragement if you are a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ. Let's open up God's Word and use it to encourage the people around us!
John 16:33
33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Matthew 6:25-27
25 “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? 

26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?

27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
Luke 12:31-32
31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.

32 “So don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.
Application
I will encourage those who are discouraged.
How about you? Who needs to be encouraged by you today?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I pray for those who are worried and discouraged today. Help them to walk by faith and not by sight. Use me to encourage someone else today. Help me depend on what You say in Your Word and not the hype that I hear from the news media. Nothing touches my life without Your permission. I am one of Your children.
I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Give them great faith.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 19,20,21; Galatians 3; I added: Psalm 12, Psalm 42; Proverbs 12



No comments: