Monday, March 30, 2020

So, My Dear Brothers And Sisters, Be Strong And Immovable.


So,
My Dear Brothers And Sisters,
Be Strong And Immovable.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 15
58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.
Observation
So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable!
The reason that we should be strong and immovable is found in the 57 verses preceding verse 58! I hope that you take a minute to read the entire chapter!
Over and over and over again God reminds me throughout the Bible to be strong, to be brave, to be courageous! Why does He have to constantly remind me? He has to constantly remind me to be strong and courageous because life and all of life's circumstances they tend to overwhelm me and if left unchecked would leave me cowering in fear!
But God's Word reminds me that God has given me His Holy Spirit. The same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead. (Romans 8:11).
God gave us his Spirit. And the Spirit doesn’t make us weak and fearful. Instead, the Spirit gives us power and love. He helps us control ourselves.” 2 Timothy 1:7
I am on information overload right now. How about you?
And I do want to know what is going on in the world around me as this outbreak continues to grow. I am not going to stick my head in the sand and ignore the seriousness of this crisis or think that I can be careless or irresponsible just because I am a child of God.
But at the same time I must constantly remind myself that I belong to the One who set the moon, the sun and the stars in place, the One who knows how many hairs are still on my balding head.
Application
God is in control. And He knows what is going on. Nothing is going to touch my life that my Heavenly Father doesn't allow. He has me in the palm of His hand.
How about you? Are you in the palm of God's hand too?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for taking care of me. I know that nothing touches my life without Your permission. I will do my best to stay healthy, but I am also trusting in You. Help the people around me take this virus seriously. Use this crisis to get our country's attention. Give me the boldness and the compassion to help those around me who need my help. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You!
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 8; Psalms 42; 1 Corinthians 15



No comments: