Monday, March 09, 2020

Look, Today I Am Giving You The Choice Between A Blessing And A Curse!


Look,
Today I Am Giving You The Choice
Between A Blessing And A Curse!
Scripture
Deuteronomy 11
26 “Look, today I am giving you the choice between a blessing and a curse! 
27 You will be blessed if you obey the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today. 
28 But you will be cursed if you reject the commands of the Lord your God and turn away from him and worship gods you have not known before.
Observation
What Moses tells the children of Israel back in the book of Deuteronomy as he was preparing them to go into the Promised Land was true for them then and it is still true for me today!
I have a choice! I can choose between a blessing and a curse.
I can obey the Lord and His commands and live a life blessed by God, or I can be stubborn and hard headed and choose to live a life of disobedience and I can reap a life cursed with drama, misery and heartbreak.
Application
I don't know about you but this seems like a no-brainer for me. I plan to walk in obedience so that the Lord will bless me. Blessing or Curse ... The choice is mine to make!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, I know the key to living a blessed life is obedience. When I live in disobedience I can expect misery and heartbreak. But when I live and walk close to You I will live under Your protection and blessing. Nothing will touch my life that You do not allow. So help me to walk in obedience. Don't let me do stupid sins. Don't let me be hard headed and stubborn. Show me how to live my life in a way that pleases You.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 10,11,12; Mark 16



No comments: