Friday, March 27, 2020

But Our Bodies Have Many Parts, And God Has Put Each Part Just Where He Wants It.


But Our Bodies Have Many Parts,
And God Has Put Each Part
Just Where He Wants It.
Scripture
1 Corinthians 12
14 Yes, the body has many different parts, not just one part. 
15 If the foot says, “I am not a part of the body because I am not a hand,” that does not make it any less a part of the body. 
16 And if the ear says, “I am not part of the body because I am not an eye,” would that make it any less a part of the body? 
17 If the whole body were an eye, how would you hear? Or if your whole body were an ear, how would you smell anything?
18 But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it. 
19 How strange a body would be if it had only one part! 
20 Yes, there are many parts, but only one body. 
21 The eye can never say to the hand, “I don’t need you.” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you.”
Observation
Reach out and help somebody! All of us are going to have to look out for one another as we go through this crisis! We are the body of Christ, His church, we were made for times like these! We are God's hands and feet!
You probably have extra time on your hands these days so be sure to spend time, extra time, plenty of time, reading God's Word. It will do a lot more for your soul and spirit than constantly listening and watching the news.
Let's do something to help someone else today. Somebody needs our help! Just a simple phone call … a text message … a trip to the grocery store for them … a meal … or maybe fix something for them that is broken!
Let's be sure check on the elderly – And if you are elderly then check on someone older or more fragile than yourself.
Stay safe. Stay at home as much as possible.
Application
I will be in God's Word every day and I will look for someone to help and encourage today.
How about you!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are Sovereign. Nothing happens in my life without Your permission. I don't understand why this crisis is happening and why it is happening world-wide but we know that You are allowing it for some purpose! Help me take advantage of this crisis to help those who are in need. Bring people into my life and into Kathy's life who need to be encouraged. Help us be Your hands and feet.
I pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Help them, Lord. Help all of us be the body of Christ to those around us!
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 1,2,3; 1 Corinthians 12



No comments: