Thursday, March 05, 2020

You Must Love The Lord Your God With All Your Heart, All Your Soul, All Your Mind, And All Your Strength.


You Must Love The Lord Your God
With All Your Heart,
All Your Soul, All Your Mind, And All Your Strength.
Scripture
Mark 12
29 Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. 
30 And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ 
31 The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”
Observation
I have great admiration for our eighty and ninety year old church members who come to church no matter what. Their health says stay home, but their heart and their love for the Lord brings them to church almost every Sunday. If only we all had this kind of deep love and commitment for the Lord.
It really is a choice. If I stay home because I am tired or a little under the weather, or because my life is too stressed or too hectic, what does that say about my love and passion for the Lord.
It is not that I have to go to church … It is not my duty! I don't go to earn God's favor. If I love the Lord with all of my heart, all of my soul, all of my mind, and all of my strength then I will feel sad when I have to miss being with my brothers and sisters in Christ and miss worshiping God together.
Application
If I am sick and contagious, running a fever, etc. then yes, I will definitely stay home, but if I am just tired and worn out then I am going to let my heart bring me.
How about you?
Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that all of us have probably stayed home when we should have been at church. I know that sometimes I have been at church, but my heart and my mind have been somewhere else. Help me, Lord, to love You with all of my heart, all of my soul, all of my mind, and all of my strength. I thank You for the example of our eighty and ninety year olds and their faithfulness. Help me to be as faithful as they are.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 1,2; Mark 12



No comments: