Friday, March 13, 2020

Those Who Control Their Tongue Will Have A Long Life; Opening Your Mouth Can Ruin Everything.


Those Who Control Their Tongue
Will Have A Long Life;
Opening Your Mouth Can Ruin Everything.
Scripture
Proverbs 13
3 Those who control their tongue will have a long life;
    opening your mouth can ruin everything.

Observation
What I say, how I say it, and when I say it, … can ruin everything. Once those words leave my mouth the damage is done. Am I angry? In my anger I need to be very careful and keep my mouth shut.
My hurtful words will not only hurt the other person that they are aimed at but they are also going to take their toll on me.
I must reconcile as quickly as possible with the person who I am mad at so I don't shorten my own life!
Application
I will be careful with what I say, how I say it, and when I say it, because I know that my hurtful words will stab like a sword. And I know that hurtful words when I use them are also going to hurt me and I know that will end up hurting me the most!
How about you?
Proverbs 12:18
18 Careless words stab like a sword,
    but wise words bring healing.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to keep my mouth shut when I am angry. Don't let me seek revenge when I have been wronged. Help me control my tongue. Help me to guard what I say. May only blessings come from this mouth of mine when I am talking to or about someone else.
I pray for any person reading this blog today. Give them control of what they let come out of their mouth. Help them to build up and not tear down.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 22,23,24; Galatians 4; I added: Psalm 13, Psalm 63; Proverbs 13



No comments: