Monday, March 16, 2020

I Know The Lord Is Always With Me. I Will Not Be Shaken, For He Is Right Beside Me.


I Know The Lord Is Always With Me.
I Will Not Be Shaken,
For He Is Right Beside Me.
Scripture
Psalm 16
8 I know the Lord is always with me.
    I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.
Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.

2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.

3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!

Observation
In all of the craziness of the moment, nothing is more reassuring than the Word of God! As you and I hunker down to weather this current storm that we are facing lets be sure to look around and see who needs our help.
Can I be blunt … it is not being courageous to defy or totally disregard what authorities are asking us to do. For instance, it was not because of fear or a lack of faith that our church decided not to meet as group yesterday and that the church service went out to the congregation via Facebook. 
No, it was done out of consideration for those who might become sick because of this virus. Most of our church members are young and the virus would have minimal effect on their health.
Just look at what is happening in Italy! If we don't act now to slow the virus down we will be in the same situation …
Let's not be afraid, but let's be smart! We need to personally do all that we can to keep the virus from spreading for the good of those around us!
Application
I will help those who need my help.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, we need Your help. I pray for those who are in delicate health. I pray for protection for them. I pray for those who will lose their jobs because of this virus. Help them, Lord. I pray for those who are living in fear. Help them to be courageous, Lord. You are the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. I know that this has not caught You by surprise. Show us how we should respond, Lord. Give us faith and courage so we can be the light during this time of darkness.
Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 30,31; Psalms 40; 1 Corinthians 1; I added: Psalm 16, Psalm 46; Proverbs 16



No comments: