Wednesday, March 04, 2020

In Peace I Will Lie Down And Sleep, For You Alone, O Lord, Will Keep Me Safe.


In Peace I Will Lie Down And Sleep,
For You Alone,
O Lord, Will Keep Me Safe.
Scripture
Psalm 4
8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.
Psalm 34
4 I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.
    He freed me from all my fears.
Observation

How should you and how should I live our lives as the coronavirus hysteria begins to increase all around us? If we are not careful we will respond just as people do who have no relationship with our Heavenly Father.
Yes, it is very smart to wash our hands a whole lot more while this virus is going around, but we shouldn't panic and join the hysteria!
As we watch the news about the spread of this virus let's make sure that we are spending plenty of time, even extra time in God's Word, so we can clearly hear His voice and not be afraid.

Application
I will not be afraid. I will pray to the Lord, and he will answer me. He will free me from all my fears.
How about you? Fear or Faith?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, none of this has caught You by surprise. Help me to act like a person of faith. Do not let me be influenced by the media or by anything else that would cause me to fear. I am trusting in You.
I pray for my family and my friends. Keep them safe. But more important help them to walk by faith and not by sight.
Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 34,35,36; Mark 11; I added: Psalm 4, Psalm 34; Proverbs 14



No comments: