Saturday, March 28, 2020

And So, Lord, Where Do I Put My Hope? My Only Hope Is In You.


And So, Lord,
Where Do I Put My Hope?
My Only Hope Is In You.
Scripture
Psalm 39
7 And so, Lord, where do I put my hope?
    My only hope is in you.
1 Corinthians 13
 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
12 Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity.  All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.
13 Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
Observation
And so Lord, where do we, or where should we put our hope? Our only hope is in You! I don't know about you, but I am not putting my hope in our government during this crisis.
Even though I think for the most part they are trying to do their best to help us.
But this is a God size problem. This is huge. And only God can rescue us and only God can keep us safe.
This enemy, this virus, is like the air we breathe. We can't see it, but it is there, or it could be there. It could be on the next thing we touch or the next person we meet. We could be spreading it ourselves to others without knowing it. So to protect those around us we must act like we have it. This is a crazy-scary time.
Now we see things imperfectly” … do you realize that this virus has everyone in the entire world scratching their head trying to figure out how to deal with it.
Application
So because of all the turmoil and uncertainty that is happening all around me I am turning to the only One who knows what is going on and I am saying with the Psalmist, “Lord, my only hope is in You”!
How about you? Where are you turning for strength during this crazy, frightening and unprecedented time?
Psalm 91
3 Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, this enemy is invisible, just like our enemy Satan. This enemy is just as real. In fact, the prince of this world, Satan, might be the schemer behind this pandemic. He is the destroyer. He may be the destroyer but he is not allowed to do anything without Your permission. You are Healer. And I know that You could stop this plague today if You chose to do so. Nothing is too hard for You.
But until You decide to stop it I pray for safety. Keep my family safe.
Keep any person who may read this blog and his or her family safe. Our hope, our only hope, is in You.
Daily Bible Reading: Judges 4,5; Psalm 39,41; 1 Corinthians 13



No comments: