Friday, June 26, 2020

Again I Say, Don't Get Involved In Foolish, Ignorant Arguments That Only Start Fights. A Servant Of The Lord Must Not Quarrel But Must Be Kind …


Again I Say, Don't Get Involved In Foolish,
Ignorant Arguments That Only Start Fights.
A Servant Of The Lord Must Not Quarrel But Must Be Kind …
Scripture
2 Timothy 2
22 Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.
23 Again I say, don’t get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. 
24 A servant of the Lord must not quarrel but must be kind to everyone, be able to teach, and be patient with difficult people. 
25 Gently instruct those who oppose the truth. Perhaps God will change those people’s hearts, and they will learn the truth. 
26 Then they will come to their senses and escape from the devil’s trap. For they have been held captive by him to do whatever he wants.
Observation
You and I will either serve the Lord or we will serve the devil – there is no middle ground.
So as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ I need to read and apply what the Lord is saying to me through the Apostle Paul in 2 Timothy 2.
And if Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior then hopefully so will you!
Application
I will run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, I will pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace.
I will enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.
I will not get involved in foolish, ignorant arguments that only start fights. 
I will not quarrel.
I will be kind to everyone.
I will be patient with difficult people. 
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to put into practice what Your Word is saying to me today. Break my heart with what breaks Yours. I want to pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. And I want to enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts. Thank You for all of the wonderful people that You have brought into my life who love You and who are seeking to walk in a way that pleases You.
I pray for those who are sick. I pray for healing.
I hold out hope for those who have hard hearts, Lord. I pray that You will soften their hearts … yes … change their hearts, Lord.
Daily Bible Reading: Jonah 1,2,3,4; 2 Timothy 2



No comments: