Saturday, June 20, 2020

I Urge You, First Of All, To Pray For All People. Ask God To Help Them; Intercede On Their Behalf, And Give Thanks For Them.


I Urge You,
First Of All, To Pray For All People. Ask God To Help Them;
Intercede On Their Behalf, And Give Thanks For Them.
Scripture
1 Timothy 2
1 I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 
2 Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. 
3 This is good and pleases God our Savior, 
4 who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. 
5 For, There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus. 
6 He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone.
Observation

Here is a little motivation for our prayer life. First of all, we are to pray for “all” people, interceding on their behalf, and give thanks for them. And then we are to pray for those in authority, for those in leadership.

Why? … because this pleases God our Savior!

When I am at the hospital visiting patients I almost always ask if I can pray for them … sometimes they actually say “no”. When they do say “no” I will say to them, “Well would it be okay if I pray for you once I leave your room and I am out in the hallway and they almost always will tell me “yes”.

And I just smile!

When I get out in the hallway I pray for them asking God to heal them and I ask Him to also soften their heart.

I know it pleases God when I pray for people. And it pleases God when you pray for people too!

Application
I will pray for the people that God places on my heart.
How about you? Who are you praying for?
James 5
13 Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. 
14 Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. 
15 Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.
16 Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. 
Prayer

Heavenly Father, You have given me the privilege to pray for others. I know that it is the most important thing that You have asked me to do. Kathy and I have a lot of people on our hearts. We are praying for people to be healed. We are praying for people to get things right with one another. We are praying for the salvation of some and for others we are praying that they get closer in their relationship with You. We are counting on You, Lord.

We know that we have been called to intercede for these people that You have brought into our lives. I know that when I pray for those who I visit in the hospital I know that it pleases You because You have told me so in Your Word.
1 Samuel 12:23
23 As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 4,5; Psalms 83; 1 Timothy 2



No comments: