Saturday, June 27, 2020

All Scripture Is Inspired By God And Is Useful To Teach Us What Is True …


All Scripture Is Inspired By God
And Is Useful
To Teach Us What Is True …
Scripture
2 Timothy 3
16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 
17 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.
Observation
If you want to know what is true and what is not then the only way to do that is to read and study the Word of God. We are bombarded by lies and half truths all the time. How do we know what is true?
The most important thing that the Word of God does as we read it on a regular basis (hopefully every day) is to help us realize what is wrong in our lives. It is able to correct us when we are wrong and it teaches us to do what is right. It keeps us on track. It helps to keep us balanced.
God also uses His Word in our lives to prepare and equip us to do good stuff, to do good works. It is another reason to make the commitment to read God's Word every single day. God wants to use us and by our getting into the Bible every day that helps prepare us for God to be able to do just that.
You can start reading today! If you started, but for whatever reason you quit, not a problem, you can start all over again today!
Need discernment to know what is really true, what is really going on today? … Dig into the Word of God!
Application
I will trust the Lord with all of my heart. I will not lean on my own understanding. In all my ways I will acknowledge Him and He will direct my path. Proverbs 3:5-6 personalized.
How about you? Where will you look for truth? Internet? News Media? Social Media? Or the Word of God?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, all Scripture is inspired by You. You have given us Your Word as a light in this dark and evil world. There are so many voices that are saying that they know what is true, but Your Word is not their source. In all of this chaos, in all of this confusion, I will trust in You as my source for what is true. I pray for an end to this Covid 19 virus. I pray for an end to all of the social unrest. I pray for peace. Raise up godly leaders who will depend on You for guidance and direction.
Daily Bible Reading: 2 Kings 13,14; 2 Chronicles 25; 2 Timothy 3



No comments: