Sunday, June 28, 2020

For A Time Is Coming When People Will No Longer Listen To Sound And Wholesome Teaching …


For A Time Is Coming
When People Will No Longer
Listen To Sound And Wholesome Teaching …
Scripture
2 Timothy 4
2 Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching.
3 For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. 
4 They will reject the truth and chase after myths.
Observation

Some people, even some who call themselves followers of Jesus Christ seem to be more interested in posting wild crazy conspiracy theories and ripping up others, even other Christians rather than sharing and focusing on the wholesome teaching of the Word of God …

It is whatever itching ears want to hear that is what they seem to be drawn to and focused on ...post, after post, after post.

Don't get caught up in that.

Paul tells us to preach the Word of God. And we are to “patiently” correct, rebuke, and encourage our people with good teaching.

I am so glad that God put godly teachers in my life when I gave my life to Jesus ... godly men like Rev. Ervin Benz, Dr. Waylon B. Moore, Sunday School teacher Charles Hartwig, Pastor Paul Burleson, Seminary professor Oscar Thompson, Pastor Hugh Roberts, Pastor Juan Mateos in Mexico, John Seale – former missionary to Cuba ... just to name a few. I am so thankful for God bringing them into my life.

Application
I want to finish well. I want my Heavenly Father to be able to say to me, “Well done, my good and faithful servant.”
How about you? Is it your life goal to finish well?
2 Timothy 4
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. 
8 And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to keep the main thing the main thing. Don't let me get sidetracked on stuff that is not the main thing. Help me to be gentle and patient with people that seem to be veering off course. Help me know how to speak to them in a way that helps them to see where they are going. Don't let me have a critical spirit. Help me to see the good in people and not just the bad. I too am a sinner. I am also broken and in desperate need of a Savior.
Daily Bible Reading: Amos 1,2,3; Psalms 80; 2 Timothy 4



No comments: