Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Let All That I Am Praise The LORD.


Let
All That I Am
Praise The LORD.
Scripture
Psalms 104
1 Let all that I am praise the Lord.
O Lord my God, how great you are!
    You are robed with honor and majesty.
2     You are dressed in a robe of light.
You stretch out the starry curtain of the heavens;
3     you lay out the rafters of your home in the rain clouds.
You make the clouds your chariot;
    you ride upon the wings of the wind.
33 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live.
    I will praise my God to my last breath!
34 May all my thoughts be pleasing to him,
    for I rejoice in the Lord.
35 Let all sinners vanish from the face of the earth;
    let the wicked disappear forever.
Let all that I am praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord!
Observation
Let all that I am praise the LORD!
To be honest, to be perfectly honest with you, I don't feel pumped up this morning, I don't feel all bubbly inside. I don't feel like I am ready to take on the world. Some mornings might start out like that but not today.
In fact, right at this very moment I feel pretty blah … Covid 19 is spreading like wildfire and our country is being turned upside down with lawlessness and destruction!
We can't meet and be with our friends and have them in our home like we have done for years. Even getting together with our very own extended family is strained and difficult because of the risk of spreading this virus.
Then to add to all of that we still have people saying that the whole virus thing is a hoax, no worse than the common flu. We have people refusing to wear masks because they don't want the government telling them what to do.
So much false information is being spread, either intentionally or unintentionally, and this only causes more division and confusion… common sense and rational thinking they both seem to have gone right out of the window.
Overload … I am on overload today! How about you?
But … Let all that I am praise the LORD!
This morning I will praise Him! I am making the choice to praise Him. I am not waiting on my emotions to catch up to the fact that Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. He is worthy of all praise! He is Sovereign! He is in control!
In His Word is where I will find direction for my life … not from Facebook … not from You Tube … not from Twitter … not from any news source … not from any where else.
Proverbs 3:5-6
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
    do not depend on your own understanding.
6 Seek his will in all you do,
    and he will show you which path to take.
Psalm 119:105
105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet
    and a light for my path.
Psalm 46
1 God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.

2 So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.

3 Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!
Application
And even when I cannot see His hand in all that is going on, I will trust His heart. He is for me. He is not against me. He will walk through these difficult times with me. He is my Shepherd. I have everything I need!
How about you? How are you handling all of this?
Psalm 42:11
11 Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again— my Savior and my God!
Prayer
Heavenly Father, these are strange times that we are living in and that we are going through. At least, strange for us in our country, because we have been such a blessed nation. We have not experienced the horrors of what other countries have experienced but it looks like that all of that is coming our way. I pray for the church. I pray for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Help them to dig into Your Word where they can find the strength they need. Help them, Lord. Help me to walk by faith and not by sight. Help us to look beyond what we are seeing and experiencing. Help us to see things from Your perspective. Show us, Lord, what You are doing in our land. Don't let us faint or shrink back from being Your witnesses.
Job 19:25
But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and he will stand upon the earth at last.
Daily Bible Reading: Amos 7,8,9; Psalms 104; Titus 2



No comments: