Monday, June 29, 2020

I Will Call To You Whenever I'm In Trouble, And You Will Answer Me.


I Will
Call To You Whenever I'm In Trouble,
And You Will Answer Me.
Scripture
Psalm 86
1 Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer;
    answer me, for I need your help.
2 Protect me, for I am devoted to you.
    Save me, for I serve you and trust you.
    You are my God.
3 Be merciful to me, O Lord,
    for I am calling on you constantly.
4 Give me happiness, O Lord,
    for I give myself to you.
5 O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive,
    so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help.
6 Listen closely to my prayer, O Lord;
    hear my urgent cry.
7 I will call to you whenever I’m in trouble,
    and you will answer me.
Observation
Why was King David so successful? Why was God able to use David the way He did? What made David so different than those around him?
The answer to all of those questions is simple if you take time to read the Psalms. David was a man of prayer! And Psalm 86 is one of King David's prayers.
I believe that if you and I will spend time in prayer and pray like King David prayed then God will be able to say about us what God said about His servant David, when He said that David was “a man after His own heart.” (1 Samuel 13:14)
I have been thinking a lot about prayer and the awesome privilege that God has given us to pray and intercede for other people and for our country, and for the world we live in.
I know that I get frustrated just like you probably do when I pray and pray and pray for someone but I don't see his or her life changing. When I don't see God at work in his or her life.
I am praying for the Covid 19 virus to stop, but it keeps spreading like wild fire. I am praying for our country to come together, but it seems to be going in the opposite direction.
So what do I do? Do I just quit praying? Of course not …
God is at work in the lives of those who I am praying for …
God is at work in this midst of this pandemic and the only reason the virus is still flourishing is because God is allowing it to flourish.
Our country is moving in the direction that it is moving because as a nation we are not putting God first (2 Chronicles 7:14) … but He is at work right in the middle of all of this chaos.
God is Sovereign. He is All-Powerful. Nothing gets by Him.
He loves me and He loves you and He loves to hear us pray and cry out to Him.
Application
Every time I pray I am acknowledging that God is exactly who He says He is and that He will do exactly what He says that He will do.
So I will pray and never give up.
How about you?
Luke 18:1
One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, we are living in a difficult time. I know that believers all over the world are praying and crying out to You for help. And I know that You hear every single one of us as we pray. It is amazing that You bother with us at all. I marvel at knowing that You are listening to me right now and that it pleases You when I pray.
So I will keep on praying and I will never give up. You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Nothing is too hard for You. Help us, Lord. We are in desperate need of Your help.
Soften hard hearts. Answers prayers for reconciliation. Break down any walls that divide us!
Daily Bible Reading: Amos 4,5,6; Psalms 86,87; Titus 1



No comments: