Thursday, June 18, 2020

Let Your Conversation Be Gracious And Attractive So That You Will Have The Right Response For Everyone.


Let Your Conversation Be Gracious And Attractive
So That You Will Have
The Right Response For Everyone.
Scripture
Colossians 4
5 Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. 
6 Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.
Observation
It is not just important what we say, but how we say it.
You and I, the words we use, the tone of our voice, it all makes a big difference especially when we are talking to those who are not believers or to the ones that we love the most.
Do we push people away from us by the way we talk to them?
The book of Proverbs has a lot to say about how we are to talk:
Proverbs 4:24
24 Don’t let your mouth speak dishonestly,
and don’t let your lips talk deviously.

Proverbs 10:19

Too much talk leads to sin. Be sensible and keep your mouth shut.

Proverbs 13:3

Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.

Proverbs 15:2

The tongue of the wise makes knowledge attractive, but the mouth of fools blurts out foolishness.

Proverbs 15:8
The heart of the godly thinks carefully before speaking; the mouth of the wicked overflows with evil words.
Proverbs 21:23
The one who guards his mouth and tongue keeps himself out of trouble.
Application
I will think about the words I use and the tone of my voice when I talk to people.
I will use often these words … I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me?
Proverbs 12:18
18 Careless words stab like a sword,
    but wise words bring healing.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to speak words that build people up and that do not tear them down. Help me to always look for the good in people and not for the bad. Don't allow me have a critical heart, a critical spirit.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Kings 22; 2 Chronicles 18,19; Colossians 4



No comments: